Anybody do this? Root through old Domino issues? Now that we are able to study these images on the internet, I am doomed. Hours I could spend tracking down my favorites.
So much beauty. And guts.
Following is their manifesto, clearly articulated in their first issue:
- Home should make you happy
- We swear by the 3 R’s: Repaint, Repaper, Reupholster
- Steal ideas from other peoples homes
- Even the insides of closets and cabinets can be beautiful
- It’s Ok to not be finished
- Trust your instincts always!
- A chandelier is as timeless as a black dress
- Renters need not be second class citizens
- Sometimes your mistakes become your greatest inspirations
- Don’t be afraid to mix styles- (Louis XIV and Saarinen should hangout more)
- When traveling skip the snapshot and buy something unique for the coffee table
- Have Fun!!!
Good stuff. Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order…
Ahhh the sheep skin. Some are not fans. I am. Especially here, with such a modern edge. This room makes me like orange.
Sweet girl. Not necessarily my style (lavender walls!!) BUT I am so incredibly inspired by the mixing of style, color, pieces. Fearless. Much respect.
The room that inspired me to actually lacquer the floors in my house. My friends thought I was nuts.
To this day, I want a blue velvet couch because of this room.
Tom Delavan. That’s all.
One of my favorites. Organic. Mid century. Gorgeous.
Love staghorn ferns. I have had several and somehow managed to keep them alive…for a bit.
You go Amanda! She first inspired me to consider pink. And that coffee table.
Vintage Domino. In every way.
These leather beauties. Oh my Good. Ness. The Sohrs have talent galore.
Just staring. I wish I could have walked through this space. No. Rules. Here.
Really loved this small but mighty space. Lots to miss if you do not take your time to study.
Best bathroom of all time. My opinion. Go Jenna.
This space is iconic for me. How can you have SO much going on in one space, and yet have it make good sound design sense? Beats me, but Sara Ruffin Costello nailed it.
Honestly considering a regular series on old Domino spaces. What say you??
Truth is, I needed to study these spaces today. Feeling some insecurity as I throw my hat into the design ring. SO many talented people. But this is where my heart really began to connect with design. Starting with Ruthie Sommers in issue 1. So inspired today.
Thank you Domino.
Images via Domino.com